I’ve found a strange problem with my first real UTF-8 web application…
The urls sent in GET didn’t decoded properly and I was very astonished, my code was written correctly but the problem was present.
BTW the problem wasn’t on my code but in Jboss (in Tomcat embedded instance).
The connector must have the attribute URIEncoding otherwise the webapp never will work.
Due to the fact I use mod_jk (ie AJP13 protocol) this lifesaver attribute must be added in AJP13 connector, too
I love when problems disappear modifing only a configuration file :-)
For sanity check I’ve added UTF-8 support also in Apache Server but I suspect this isn’t really necessary ;-)
In http.conf be sure to have the AddDefaultCharset directive set as shown below