The day has come, Komodo Edit 5 and its big brother Komodo IDE 5 have been released.
You can read complete feature list here, I want to speak about some technical aspects.
- Komodo is the best text editor using Mozilla technologies now based on Firefox 3 (i.e. gecko 1.9)
- Now the old mono-window notification-based mechanism is no more supported (read here) because multi windows works greatly
- Simplified many document operation (read here)
- Many cool extensions already compatible with 5.0 (read here)
- Many Firefox extensions works like a charm (I love DOM Inspector*)
- New APIs for extension developers
I’ve some problems to run it under Linux (also Ubuntu 8.10) because crashes but ko5 is amazing.
Documenting API is a very complex work but I will try ASAP😉
* Running DOM Inspector can require the following macro
window.openDialog(“chrome://inspector/content/”, “_blank”, “chrome,all,dialog=no”);